So I get on twitter and this other nail artist “Kandi” is slandering me and my work by pinning a set of nail designs, (that were OK, mediocre, needs improvement) on me saying I was actually the person who did them… Personally I think this is all HILAR! But this is the second time (that I know about, because she’s never brave enough to “@” me 0_o) this girl has brought me up in the daily tweets about her life.
I have recently found out that she has done Nicki Minaj’s nails. Let me just say that is such a great accomplishment and that I am extremely happy that she has the opportunity to do so…. However, she said this “nail beef” begin when Nicki Minaj posted a picture on twitter of nails that she polished HERSELF (not polished by Kandi.) The nails looked like random strokes of pastel polish 0_o. I retweeted the nails and added, “Nicki, I feel like you need me on your team.” Who knew that one harmless RT (out of THOUSANDS of retweets) would bother Kandi PERSONALLY. Kandi doesn’t even follow me on twitter yet seemed to know the exact moment I retweeted Nicki. Stalker much? I never commented on something that Kandi did, but what Nicki (a nonprofessional nail tech) did on herself. I have always given Kandi many props on her endeavors! Yet seems like she has nothing but hate for me and my work. I guess when you feel threatened, you stoop to childish immature behavior. (i.e. that poor pic stitch picture)
Let’s get back to that picture shall we.
“Bootleg Ass Nails by Regina” how creative was the label, eh?
Here is the real breakdown:
1. I would never have my client walking out the salon with those raggedy ass cuticles
2. What kind of design is this middle finger, and why is it there?
3. The Polka dot thumb wouldve never made the cut
4. I havent done polka dot nails ever since high school when I first started out doing art
5. The shape of these nails is totally off. Someone who is MY client appreciates EXTREME POINTS not this roundish nonsense going on here
6. I pride myself on doing the MOST precise straight lines possible where people get in arguments with me about whether or not I use “Minx” because “there’s no way humanly possible I could do such straight lines by hand.” but ‘TIS POSSIBLE and I do it on a daily basis.
7. At the end of EVERY nail service, I place pineapple oil on the cuticles and massage the hands with lotion thus creating a “wet look” to the hands. As you can see, the hands in the picture look DRY.
How people believe the fallacy that I would create such a work of mediocrity is beyond me. That just goes to show you that the devil is A LIAR and is actively trying to steal away from my talent.
I usually follow the motto,”Without a response from me, you fail to exist.”
I tried that. It got no respect.
Gina SLAYS HOES DAILY with her amazing talent and killer nail designs, yet she STAYS HUMBLE and is one of the sweetest girls I’ve met on here. I’m so glad she spoke up on this. LMAO…GINA DIDN’T EVEN DO THOSE NAILS, SO WHY YOU MAD?